Friday, January 13, 2006

Maps & Guidebooks

I'm in the earliest planning stages of this tour. I've ordered the maps and guidebooks located at:

http://www.champlainbikeways.org/maps.htm

and have started breaking the route down into days. Here's my current thinking:

  1. Whitehall, NY, to Westport, NY (54.1)
  2. Westport to Ingraham (55)
  3. Ingraham to Grande Isle State Park, VT, on island (51)
  4. Day off - explore islands
  5. Grande Isle State Park to Burlington/Shelburne (34)
  6. (day off?)
  7. Burlington to Chimney Point (49)
  8. Chimney Point to Whitehall (47)
I decided against crossing into Canada and going all the way to St. Jean-sur-Richelieu, because it just messed up the daily mileages I want to cover, and adds another day, basically up and back, for no good reason. I don't know yet about the rest day in Burlington, and that may depend on the weather and how much I want to get going. I'll probably have to adjust this whole thing after I figure out camping spots, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home